To be included in the School Rankings report each year you need students and recent alumni to enter The Rookies when submissions are open. Each year this is between March and May.
Our rankings is based on the performance of student submissions. The Judges are asked to score entries based on criteria including — creative skills, technical skills, presentation, variety of skills, complexity, raw talent, and employment potential.
If your students don't enter The Rookies we can't include your school in the Annual School Rankings Report.
Benefits for Students and Schools
- Students receive an Official Industry Ranking
- Students build confidence by uploading work to dedicated student site rather than professional portfolio sites which can be intimidating
- Students can compare their skills to other and be inspired by other students around the world.
- Students can win Jobs, Internships and Scholarships.
- Schools can attract extensive online exposure and attract new leads to their administration office.
- Schools can leverage their global ranking performance to improve their own marketing campaigns and generate press coverage.
Getting Students Involved
Students are asked to upload a portfolio of their best work. Students should treat their entry in the same manner as applying for a job. High level judges and recruiters from around the world will review their work so it's important that they put time and effort into each submission.
Tips for students:
- Upload your best work, not all of it.
- Include a detailed breakdown for all videos
- Add an avatar to make it more personal
- Describe in detail how you created each project. Outline the challenges, how you approached the project and your goals.
- Upload work that is relevant to the category you are entering.
Add a School Directory Page
It's recommended for schools to create a School Directory Listing page. Apart from the main benefits of online exposure and lead generation to your school admissions office, it's the best way to stay in touch with The Rookies. You will receive updates about important dates, tips for helping students perform better and you can also connect your School Directory page with your student entries.